2021 Nomination process for Hancher-Finkbine Medallion
Alumni nominations are solicited from the University community beginning in early December and are due the third week of January.
The faculty nomination process is facilitated in cooperation with a faculty member in the college who serves as an advisor for this process. At least three faculty nominations must be forwarded to the Hancher-Finkbine Dinner Committee for consideration. For faculty nominations, colleges rotate each year, with the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences appearing in the rotation every four years because of the large number of faculty in that college.
CLAS, Education, Engineering, Law, CLAS, Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, CLAS, Pharmacy, Business, Dentistry, Graduate, CLAS
Nominations for staff recipient are solicited from the campus community in late January and are due late February. The award will rotate each year between staff in the merit and professional and scientific (P&S) classifications.
Student nominations are solicited from recognized student organizations and each collegiate dean in late January and are due late February. Deans and recognized student organizations may nominate two undergraduates and two graduate/professional students for consideration.
Each year the Hancher-Finkbine Dinner Committee (composed of students, staff, faculty, and an alumnus) select the recipients of the Hancher-Finkbine Medallions. The alumni recipient is informed by the University President in February of each year prior to the dinner. Student and faculty recipients are informed of their selection by the Hancher-Finkbine Dinner Committee and publicly announced at the Hancher-Finkbine Dinner each May in the Iowa Memorial Union.
Please review the criteria, use the linked form for the nomination you wish to submit, and follow the included instructions. Write to email@example.com or call 319-335-1162 if you have questions or require assistance.
- Criteria for student, faculty, and alumni nominations
- Criteria for staff nominations
- Criteria for Philip G. Hubbard Human Rights Award nominations
2021 Nomination Forms:
- 2021 Hancher-Finkbine Student Nomination - closed
- 2021 Tippie College of Business Faculty Nomination - closed
- 2021 Hancher-Finkbine Staff (Professional & Scientific) Nomination - closed
- 2021 Philip G. Hubbard Human Rights Award - closed
- 2021 Marion L. Huit Faculty Award - closed
- 2021 James N. Murray Faculty Award - closed
- 2021 Alumni Nomination - closed
Additional Required Forms
- "Tip Sheet" Suggestions for Preparing Nominations
- 2021 Student Medallion Signature Form - Collegiate Dean
- 2021 Student Medallion Signature Form - Student Organization
- 2021 Faculty Medallion Signature Form
- 2021 Staff Medallion Signature Form