Outstanding Student Organization Leader
Student Organizations are made up of resilient, committed, and passionate student leaders. These leaders are at the center of a vibrant and engaging campus community, who provides life and opportunities for others. This award celebrates leaders who have made a significant effort, investment, and commitment to advancing the mission of their student organization.
The student leader could demonstrate that they have met the criteria through the following:
- Displayed outstanding academic achievement, valued diversity, motivated and inspired others and exemplified integrity in all words and actions.
- Provided exemplary service, commitment, and strong leadership to the University of Iowa community and demonstrated on-going flexibility, creativity, and perseverance in efforts.
- Made meaningful contribution to students, University, and surrounding communities while working with and for others (ex. included other organizations/departments in planning and implementing events).
- Addressed existing problems and valued feedback from others. Made themselves available to group members and brought out the strengths and talents of individual group members.
- Demonstrated initiative by seeking ways to enrich the future.