A University of Iowa education takes place both within and beyond the classroom, and The IOWA Challenge calls on students to be active participants in campus and community life:
- Co-curricular activities, volunteer service, and employment complement classroom education—they can even help you be a better student.
- Getting involved helps you form friendships and support networks that make a big school seem smaller.
- Campus and community activities help you develop leadership, teamwork, and other skills that will prove beneficial for the rest of your life.
- Take the initiative and learn what inspires you. Then you can focus on one or two activities that are personally meaningful and give them your all.
- Be fully engaged in your classes, too—form study groups, talk about the material and interact with your instructors.